- Have the duck breast trimmed and dry.
- Season well on both sides with Sea Salt & Pepper.
- Heat the sauté pan on medium-high (2 minutes).
- Add a small amount of Olive Oil (2 teaspoons).
- Place duck in the pan skin side down and allow to brown for 5 minutes, then turn and cook the other side for about 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow the meat to rest for 10 minutes. It will continue to cook and the juices will distribute within the meat. Allow the meat to rest before slicing or all of the juices will run out, resulting in a dry duck breast.
- If you want the meat to be cooked more after it has rested and been sliced, place the sauté pan with the duck in a 375 degree oven for 5 minutes or until it is cooked to your liking., set aside and allow to rest.
- In a 375 degree oven, place the pecans on a sheet pan and drizzle with about a teaspoon of Olive Oil, toss to coat. Toast the pecans on a sheet pan for 5-8 minutes or until fragrant and browned. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the mixed greens, cherries and pecans. Season with Sea Salt & Pepper and dress the greens with pomegranate balsamic vinegar and extra virgin Olive Oil. To serve, slice the duck into 5 pieces on the diagonal and plate next to the salad. Top salad with shaved manchego cheese.
INGREDIENTS 2 duck breasts Olive Oil, Sea Salt & Pepper 1/8 cup pecans, toasted 4 cups mixed baby greens 1/8 cup dried cherries 1/4 cup manchego cheese, shaved (using a peeler) 2-3 teaspoons pomegranate balsamic vinegar 2 tablespoons extra virgin Olive Oil Sea Salt & Pepper TO PREP Trim the fat to the shape of the meat. Then using the tip of your knife, score the fat by making diagonal slits into it in ½ inch intervals. Be careful not cut into breast meat. Rotate breast and score again in the opposite direction, making a criss-cross or diamond pattern on the fat. METHOD